Is your 2013 online marketing strategy ready to go? Are you executing it right now? What does it look like? It’s surprising how few businesses actually develop and implement an online marketing strategy. If you’re one of these businesses and you want to generate more online leads, then you need to get started on an online marketing strategy. There are many options available to you and the effectiveness depends on thoroughly understanding your target market.
To help kick-off the new year and get you started in 2013, here is a quick checklist that you can use to develop your own online marketing strategy:
- Social Media Marketing: Do you have a company blog? Is your company leveraging LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube? Social Media has become a big part of lead generation and can help position you as an authority in your industry.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Struggling to be found online and increase website traffic? Is your website generating leads? SEO can target the people who are looking for information on specific products or services by increasing keyword search visibility to grow traffic, leads, and sales.
- Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC): Looking to quickly generate leads and get first-page exposure? By incorporating a PPC campaign in your online marketing strategy, you get instant brand visibility and immediate, measurable results. This is a highly effective way of generating leads.
- Email Marketing: Do you have a drip campaign for acquisition and education? Are you building email lists? Email marketing is still a great way to reach customers and establish yourself as an authority in your industry.
- Website Analytics: Do you look at your website’s analytics? How much traffic are you getting? What’s your average bounce rate? Which pages are performing well and which pages aren’t? Knowing the analytics of your website will help you understand its performance and where improvements need to be made.
- Content Marketing: Are you frequently publishing blog or news articles? Have you written any whitepapers, case studies, or e-books? Content remains king; and by providing great content to readers and potential customers you are setting yourself up as a great resource and authority in your industry.
- Mobile Optimized Website: Is your website optimized for mobile devices? How does it look? Considering the fact that mobile devices have out-sold computers and almost everyone you know has a mobile device, it’s extremely important to provide mobile customers with a great experience.
How many of the above initiatives are you using today? Would you be more successful online if you were to leverage all of them in your 2013 strategy? The answer is: of course!
Don’t be intimidated. Understanding and implementing these initiatives is very important to your online success. The new year is a great time for you and your business to generate more leads and set yourself up for long-term growth. Why not give it a try? We would love to help. If you have questions or need a hand in developing your online strategy, don’t hesitate to give us a call.