- You understand marketing and especially web marketing and lose sleep over the thought of many terrible websites online.
- You have an eye for design and creativity and would love to be in charge of a designer to make your vision come to life.
- You love working with clients and can focus on their goals and needs to develop a plan.
- You understand UI/UX concepts and can wireframe concepts in software to bring your ideas to life.
- You are a goal-oriented and self-motivated person. Nobody needs to get you going; you’re a bundle of energy.
- You are someone who likes working from home and can work at least a good part of the day during regular office hours.
- You are someone that can read and write English clearly (yes, you may talk to some customers … crazy idea isn’t it?).
- You are in North America (sorry, we love other countries but we do sleep occasionally).
About Your Role
In your position as a Creative Director you will report to the VP of Operations.
As a Creative Director, you will work with our clients to develop marketing and UI/UX plans that will allow Oracast to build effective websites for our clients. You will work as a permanent contract position working remotely or on-site in Kelowna, BC. You will be responsible for the creative output of Oracast, with oversight of the creative team and creative processes; the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the profitability and creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the creative team, all in fulfillment of our brand promise to our clients.
In this role you will:
- White-label your service to become a key part of the Oracast process.
- Develop creative online marketing plans with our clients to address short and long term goals.
- Create online wireframes following standards based UI/UX guidelines to provide to our designers.
- Manage the process of website development for several web projects at once acting as the team lead for standard websites.
- Adhere to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to complete an assignment.
- Communicate well with Business Development Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests.
- Direct the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of Oracast
- Ensure that the creative function operates in an efficient, profitable manner
- Ensure that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition
- Ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Deliver strategic communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
- Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the account team
- Write and present cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
Keys to Success
Exceeding expectations is not only the key to our company’s success but also the key to your success within this role. At a fundamental level, your performance will depend on the satisfaction of your clients. Additional keys to your success include:
- Ability to “rise to a challenge” – as in any programming environment, challenges will occur and we will look to you as a leader to remain flexible, communicate openly regarding obstacles you encounter, and to develop creative strategies to overcome those obstacles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – you’ll need to build solid relationships with a wide range of personalities and skill levels in order to do your job.
- Self-motivation — in an environment with little to no micro-management, we’ll depend on you to be highly driven, efficient, and organized as you manage competing priorities and work independently to accomplish your goals.
- “Team player” attitude — we employ a group of very hard working people, each with his/her own specialty that is essential to the success of the team. We’ll expect you to not only work with those around you in a respectful fashion, but to also be willing to step in and support the team when your skills are in demand.
- Integrity – as you know, this is a cash business and we need managers who operate with the highest level of integrity.
More About Our Company
Based in Calgary, AB with an office in Kelowna, BC, Oracast is a results-driven technology firm that architects reliable solutions to help companies maximize profits, reduce costs, and add measurable value. Founded in 2003, Oracast was created to fill the need of quality service in the high-tech industry. This industry is notorious for huge egos, false promises, and terrible customer service. Our customers find us refreshingly down to earth, and we provide the customer service that businesses have been looking for and, rightfully deserves. We love our work and enjoy helping our clients become more efficient and wildly successful. We listen, ask tough questions, and leverage our experience to deliver intelligent solutions on-time and on-budget. Furthermore, we provide outstanding customer service to make sure that questions are answered, and all needs are quickly satisfied. We live by our core values:
- Integrity – Tell the truth, don’t lie.
- Client Service – Keeping the client’s mission a priority.
- Excellence – Going beyond the current standards, developing high quality intellectual capital, giving your best effort and constantly striving for improvement.
- Innovation – Encourage the creativity and innovation to find the best approach to a given challenge.
- Balance – Develop a culture that encourages work-life balance so that all team members are motivated and enabled to follow their passion.
- Teamwork – Sharing knowledge, skill, successes and failures so that everyone excels.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and if you meet the required qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you! Email us at email@example.com.